Applying for an L-1B Visa in the U.S.

This non-immigrant visa allows companies and organizations operating both in the U.S. and overseas to allow certain employees to transfer from the foreign branch to the U.S. branch for a maximum of seven years. To be granted this visa, employees must possess specialized knowledge. At Loigica, our renowned immigration experts in Miami are here to provide expert legal advice and services for your application, so contact us today for more information or to start your application.

What is an L1 Visa?

The L-1 visa allows for a foreign executive to be transferred to the United States for the purpose of opening a company or working as an executive in a company that is already operating within the United States.

The L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, which means that the executive always intends to “return to his country of origin”, and in much like the EB-1 visa with regards to the requirements, and for this reason, people who have an approved L-1 visa are also eligible to apply for American residency (Green card).

L1 Visa


The L-1B is a non-immigrant visa with the following qualifications.

  • The employer must already be doing business in the U.S. and another country regularly while the employee is there, and there must be a corporate relationship between the branches. The employee must also have worked no less than one year at the foreign entity in the past three years.
  • The employer must file Form I-129, Petition for a non-immigrant worker with fee, on behalf of the employee.
  • For more detailed information, contact the Loigica team today in Miami to help apply for the L-1B visa!


With an L1-B visa, businesses can transfer employees from overseas to the U.S, provided they meet 2 important requirements:

  • If the company is a U.S. employer, employees may be transferred provided they serve in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge role. Employees will be granted an initial three-year transfer period with the possibility of extension
  • If the entity is foreign without a U.S. office at the moment, employees can be sent to do so, provided they’re in the above mentioned role. The visa then grants an initial one-year set-up period, with possibility of extension provided the office is actively operating

Your Journey to America Starts Here

Contact Us Today - We're Ready for You!