Applying for a E-2 Visa in Miami, FL

The E-2 nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country  to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. To learn more about how the E-2 visa can benefit your employees or company today, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of immigration attorneys in Miami today.

General information

An E-2 visa is available to investors (defined as a person, partnership, or corporate entity) from “treaty countries” (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation). The investor must meet the following general requirements to be eligible:

  • Have citizenship in one of the treaty countries.
  • Be coming to the U.S. with the sole aim of directing the enterprise, which can be shown through no less than 50% ownership of the enterprise. Possession of operational control is also a valid means of proof
  • The enterprise has to be either commercial or entrepreneurial and already actively operating. It must have a significant economic impact in the U.S.
    • While some investments of less than $100,000 are approved, it’s safe to say that the investment capital and reserves should total no less than $90,000 – $100,000.
This visa grants a stay of initially two years, and can be increased in successive two-year increments with no maximum limit. However, when the status expires, investors must leave. During your time, you may only work in the activity for which the classification was granted. However, investors may work for the treaty organization’s parent company.
Family of investors (spouses and unmarried children under 21) may follow the investor and seek E-2 non-immigrant classification, and will generally be granted the same period of stay.

To file for the E-2 visa, investors in the U.S. lawfully should file a Form I-129 to request a change to E-2 classification. If you are not in the U.S., you must contact an immigration lawyer to begin the application process.

To kick-start your E-2 visa application, contact our Miami immigration lawyers today.

Your Journey to America Starts Here

Contact Us Today – We’re Ready for You